Thursday, October 22, 2009

Themed Shots

Its a few hours before I go out shooting, just thought I might post something on.

Themes. Often the restricting factor for most people. It doesn't really matter if you're doing music, design, or photography, people dislike doing themes, and more often than not decide on the theme only after the whole event.

Some events don't allow them to do that, and thus they find it restricting.

Quoting from my cousin "Find A Theme before Anything Else!". Now I firmly believe in those words. I don't find themes particularly restricting. Sure, I can be only shooting a particular theme, such as sunlight, but if I see a great family shot, I'll still take it. Themes, in my opinion, creates direction, and forms a certain level of focus. To me, its like an insurance policy that, even if I do mess up a trip, I'll have most of my photos themed at something, and with some wacky photoshop-ing (photographers are gonna hate me for destroying the shot), interesting things (such as a usable wallpaper, or a MSN display picture) may very well come out of it.

Not to mention, when you take an awesome shot outside of your theme, and its a shot that just hit you in the face, isn't the story so much more inspiring to tell...? ^.^

Oh by the way, going to the Botanical Gardens after school today to practice. Haven't really thought of a theme as I'm typing this... but I think I might just stick with... Red.

Hahaha.... We'll see how that turns out...

No comments:

Post a Comment